Saturday 18 April 2015

Day 9 - Bokeh (part 1)

Ok ok... I know what you're all thinking "you're SO far behind!!" this is true...


I've been reading about bokeh (apparently the art of the aesthetically pleasing blurry background) and looking at other pictures. Some of them I like, some of them I just can't see the point of??

Most of the examples I've seen seem to be cities or towns with lots of lights and them all blurred out... well I live in the countryside so that's really not going to happen! :)

There is, however, a way to do it with fairy lights and a stencil... I've made the lens hood and stencil but I'll be dammed if I can get a set of fairy lights easily (they're either in the loft with the Xmas stuff, or on my tent, which is in the bag... and I'm not untangling them!). I will try to get some fairly lights tomorrow and give the stencil one a go.

Today, though, we have pictures with blurry backgrounds! I like most of them! After reading online I figured that my pictures would be crap because the smallest aperture I have is 3.5 and all the tutorials said something like a f/1.6 was needed... but I gave it a go and quite like the results!

So what do you think? Is my bokeh beautiful or does it leave you feeling cold and unloved?!

Until tomorrow xx







No comments:

Post a Comment