Wednesday 8 April 2015

Day 7 - Silhouette

I'm excited about today's blog!!! Really excited because for once I actually love nearly all of the photos I took! I don't love them because they're all brilliant photos, far from it actually, but I love them because I can actually see the potential in each one and have a rough idea of how to make them better next time! :)

Once again I didn't really have much time to devote to it and ended up rushing a bit, but the three I've got I love, love, love!! :)

Onto the photos:


Trees


It's a little out of focus because I was losing the light (as you can see, sunset) and I didn't have a tripod at the time so wasn't able to keep the camera completely still... but wow! I LOVE the colour of the sky behind the trees and the way they really dominate the picture, but also love the fact that after you've finished looking at the trees and gorgeous sunset, you just notice the tops of the tents and that adds a whole other lever of interest to the story behind the photo! :) I Like it!! :)


Hedingham Castle at Night


Again this photos is suffering from a lack of tripod and is also a bit noisy. As it's the first attempt at shooting anything at night I'm very proud :) I took most of the colour out in the editing software as it really wasn't adding much to the photo (and I'm getting a bit of a thing for this black and white lark) and that really brought out that tree at the corner of the castle. I like this, and would like to take it again with a tripod and with a bit more time to really get it right :)


Cecil The Trebuchet


What can I say? Wow.... It was a gorgeous picture without any editing, but a but of adjusting to get the colour of that sunset to pop and wow wow wow. I am SO pleased with this one I can't even begin to describe it! :) Just like the one with the trees I love this because it's got that added bonus; there's a gorgeous sunset, beautiful trees and majestic trebuchet in the middle, but as you follow the arm of the treb up to the top you notice one tiny star coming out in the night's sky. I LOVE THIS PICTURE!!!!! ^_^

Day 8: Sunset. I've not done this yet, so I'm a day behind. Hoping to get some good photos tonight... if the postie arrives with my new tripod today they might even be good photos!! You never know!!! :)

3 comments: