Tuesday 14 April 2015

Day 8 - Sunset (finally!!!!)

I am an idiot.

This is official.

I've had it confirmed today.


I got back at around 6:45, had some dinner, forced Finlay (The Dog) to eat his dinner in super fast record time (which really doesn't take much convincing seeing as he's a greedy git) and got us both read. I had my camera on me, my swanky (read: cheap) new tripod on me. We raced to Hatfield Forest, parked up, did a route march through the thicket and out to the lake. I got the tripod out and hurriedly set it all up as sunset looked PERFECT for a change...

Set up my camera, checked the viewfinder and live view and though that is a gorgeous picture.... put a two second timer on it so I wouldn't jog the camera as it was taking the photo... and what do you think happened? Do you think it took that wonderful picture I've been waiting over a bloody WEEK to take?!

NO!

Why not? I hear you ask....

This is where the realisation that I'm an idiot comes into it... I'd left the SD card in my computer and didn't have a spare! What a numpty!

HOWEVER!

I couldn't let the opportunity pass so I whipped out my phone and snapped a couple of shots... and I have to say, they're gorgeous! 

I might get them printed and hang them on my wall as a constant reminder that I can do anything I put my mind to, even if it's not how I originally planned it! :)

The Photos:




This one is by the trees on the way out of the forest:


For some unknown reason, Google decided to make a few of them into a gif?! I thought it was pretty cool, so here it is!


No comments:

Post a Comment