Tuesday 7 April 2015

Day 5 - High Angle

So, Day 5 has rolled around and today's theme is "High Angle". all the tutorials basically say "photos taken form a higher than normal vantage point".


It is at this part in our adventures through Niki's foray into photography that I have a small confession to make.


I own this:



This is HARVe (Hovel Aerial Reconnaissance Vehicle). He is a DJI Phantom 2 Vision Quadcopter (not drone...), and I love him!

So yes. I have mercilessly cheated on this little post! All of these high angle shots have been taken by HARVe! From anything upto about 300ft in the air! ^_^

Onto the pics!!

Hedingham Castle


The camera on my P2V (called HARVe) has a fisheye lense. I really wish it didn't. Was also losing the light, but this has so much potential! :) I'm also a bit peeved that it is wonky. I tried straightening it but that cut off half the castle :( The issues with this picture are 100% pilot error!


Cecil (Follow Her on Twitter: @CecilTheTreb)



Quite like this one. Can't see the fisheye effect too badly too which is cool, and its a lovely view of Cecil! :) Was a bit over zealous with the cropping though and appear to have chopped off a stake...

Hedingham Castle Black and White



Ok ok ok.... I actually really like black and white!!! Who knew you could get ruins and decay to show up so much better with black and white!! It was also a very dreary day in early spring so the trees are a murky brown colour! What I LOVE about this picture is how the castle dominates the right hand side of the picture and really draws your eye right up the top to the flag,yet at the bottom in the corner the black and white has really made the tents pop out, especially the stripy one! :) I REALLY like this picture!! :)


I'll be updating a few days as I've got them all done and edited now :)

Day 6 is Low angle and Day 7's pictures I'm SO happy with!! Silhouette! :)

Check out: HovelTV for footage and more pictures from the weekend as soon as I've got round to editing then waiting for my painfully slow internet connection to upload! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment