Sunday 17 May 2015

Day 12 - Portrait

Here is my offering for Portrait.

I guess usually this is done with humans but to be honest none of my family wanted to have their portrait taken!

I've learned a lot form this task, a lot about taking pictures of dogs anyway! It's certainty not as easy as it looks and getting them in focus is a right pain because they move so quickly! A few of the pictures I made the mistake of having the ISO way too high (default seems to be super high on auto ISO?!) to they're a bit noisy... but you live and learn and this is what this challenge is about; learning.

Nucky (the white one) was actually a bit easier to photograph, despite being camera shy, than Finlay (the black and tan one) because her expressive eyes came across better. Although I can tell what Finlay is thinking (usually "what food can I steal next?") I found it pretty difficult to get this in a photo. Sometimes I managed it but most of the time the fleeting glances weren't captured.

Again, this is a challenge I do want to revisit and try again, maybe even with willing humans next time! I want a lens that I can zoom in a bit more and get some nice candid shots... another day, another day! :)

Enjoy!









No comments:

Post a Comment